Default Why am I so messy?

Every time I do some job in my shed I make a complete mess. I've tried everything to keep it tidy, two rubbish bins, cupboards no lower than waist high, a place for everything and so on. But a two hour job somehow requires three hours of laborious cleaning up.

What methods (apart from the brain transplant that I need) can you suggest to keep things tidy without trying too hard.

Youre a slob ok just get used to it..

Al

You're human, get used to it There is no such thing as a clean WORKshop, work by definition causes a mess.

Dust extractor and shop vac with dust bucket would go a long way I reckon.

A container of some sort for offcuts would also help. Mine is a box with sloping sides and compartments so smaller bits go in the short sections (if that makes sense).

Otherwise your place will end up looking like Lignum's.

Regards,

Tex

Rossluck,
    I presume you mean a clutter of tools rather than great piles of sawdust and offcuts.

I am naturally like yourself and even small jobs used to end up with just about every tool off the pegboard and on the floor.

I just got sick and tired of the Bermuda Triangle effect. You know, when you put down the screw driver, hammer , or whatever, take your eyes off it for an instant and it's gone!!

So a serious suggestion, I just make myself put the tool back immediately I've finished with it. It may seem to take too much time, but it's nothing to the time lost looking for the bloody thing amongst the clutter.

As I said, it's not a natural thing for me to do, and I often find myself actually telling myself to put it back, but it works so I do it, and the next time I need it, it takes no time to find it. A side effect of this is the place usually stays fairly tidy.

Hope this is of some help

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Tex B View Post
    Dust extractor and shop vac with dust bucket would go a long way I reckon.

A container of some sort for offcuts would also help. Mine is a box with sloping sides and compartments so smaller bits go in the short sections (if that makes sense).

Otherwise your place will end up looking like Lignum's.

Regards,

Tex
    How the hell can anyone keep their shed THAT clean?????? Must be a cleaning freak.
    Chris
    ========================================

Life isn't always fair

....................but it's better than the alternative.

Holy mother of god...

I thought I was messy until I started mixing with you woodworking types...
    'What the mind of man can conceive, the hand of a toolmaker can achieve.'
    Owning a GPX250 and wanting a ZX10 is the single worst experience possible. -Aside from riding a BMW, I guess.