Hi everyone,
Just want to draw peoples attention to a bit of machine maintenance, if anyone has a Jet, Carbatec, or any of the Chinese/Tiawanese made thicknessers with the two speed gearbox my advice is to change the oil, I put a new cutterblock in mine and to do this the gearbox needs to be pulled apart, I found that the oil had a bit too much metal particle concentration for my liking. I wrote this bit in another thread...

If anybody reading this has one of this style of machine with the 2 speed feed gearbox DO CHANGE THE OIL my oil had a high concentration of metal particles not from anything necessarily wearing out that I could see more from just normal use, I plan to drill the drain plug and put a maget in the drain plug that will pick up these particles as they move around.
Cheap prevention measure for a vital part of the machine.
Use a 50 to 90 wieght gear oil. Remove the cover and put a bit on the chains and the chain tensioner, on the tensoner check the spring loaded bracket as this was rubbing on the chain in mine, most likely this would wear right thru and fall off.

Peter.