Hello
I'm new to this forum, but have spent many a night reading through alot of information, I found it so great I needed to get on here to ask all out there some things of my own.

We're about to reno a whole kitchen. The old kitchen has some
FC asbestos sheets on the walls from the floor to about 1.2M high, and is attached with a aluminum tracking to the plaster boards that cover the rest of the walls to the ceiling. We have had half a wall knocked out and finished already so some of the FC sheets have gone, and the gaps have been patched up with gyprock.
As we are going to do the whole kitchen the rest of the FC is going to be taken out too.

What is the best type of wall to use in a kitchen?
I've read a bit about using water proof plaster board or fibre cement board, for wet areas.

Because there is already some gyprock to replace the FC sheets in areas that don't need tiling, we are worried about everything being flush when we install the rest of the kitchen walls in the wet areas.

I know this all depends of thickness of sheets. Being quite new to this I'm unsure! can you get the right thickness of sheets to tile on top of that will match up with the gyprock.

The other issue we have is behind our oven the wall has been replaced with a new sheet of gyprock. This obviously needs fire walls of some other fire protective wall. If we place the fire wall sheet on top of the gyprock, will it protrude out to far from the adjoining walls. This will be getting tiled too. So we are worried the final tile finish will not be flush.

Can any one give us some solutions or advice.

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...