Just beginning with a full kitchen reno.
Finally got to move into our own place after 9 years of renting. One of the reasons we were able to afford was that the price was depressed, one of the main reasons being the pit of a kitchen.
I scored a "proper" shed for my woodturning, but in the "swings and roundabouts" column was the replacing of the kitchen.

I will post some pics along the way, starting with some "before" ones, and from time to time as we go.

I am going to be eternally grateful to the citizens of this forum, as I go along, for the mine of information they provide, so please brace yourselves, seriph, arms et al, as I WILL be calling on your expertise!

Due to the nature of the kitchen, it will have to be done in stages, to keep it manageable, but fortunately I do have the space to do all the prefabrication and assembly of the main kitchen area, and will then do the rip out and fitting of this in one dedicated session.

Stage 1 has commenced, with a lot of learning and research and design under the belt. It consists of pantry, pull-out pantry, full height cabinet including m/w, and a triangular glass fronted display cab. This is a clean new installation, and will free up space for the next stage.

I am compiling cutting lists for all the melamine, and assembling cabs myself, (stage 1 complete), and am making my own frame and panel doors, (silky oak).

With that, on to the first of the questions

Any suggestions on screw size for installing drawer slides, (the standard Hettich type)?
Is there a drilling template available for the conventional Hettich cupboard hinge? Full overlay knock in, both hinge and clip-on plate? Really only need an accurate drawing, so I can make my own.

thanks and regards

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...