Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Help with latest project

Hi had my latest shed project delivered yesterday. Picked up a 22ft Pantec body for $1350 to use as wood storage.

The problem I have now as you can see from the photo is the vinyl stickers. I want to paint it the same colour as the shed, but fear the paint wont stick.

The question is - is there an easy way to peel off the stickers, or will roughing them up with a sander be enough for the paint to stick.

Thanks
    woodcutta

there are a number of ways

depends on quality of the sticker

hair dryer if it will stay on hot without blowing a fuse

A heat gun

or last paint stripper only applied to the stickers

all need to have scraper to remove

Thumbs up Warm Air

Woodcutta

Vinyl stick on signs will usually come of with the application of warm air, such as you get off some of the electric paint removal guns. Once you get it to start they will come off ok. The exception is if they have been on a lot of years they will dry right out and become near impossible to get off. You may have some luck at getting them started with a paint scraper, the plastic type that you put a stanley blade into.

Regards Mike

Thanks Ray and Mike,

That did the trick. I knew someone here would have the answer. All the small black lettering is gone and now I'm working on the "Big M"

Thanks Again
    woodcutta

Turn the container upside down, paint the 3 blue and add "oodcutta's Shed" to the end...

I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Default Makes paint stick to anything

a product called ESP from good paint shops will make paint stick to almost anything but you do have to follow the directions well and be prepared to wait awhile before you use it. Remember this if your lazy like myself and don't wish to sand a whole heap of enamel. Has worked well for me in the past on large rooms. Good luck
    Rach

Quote Originally Posted by Skew ChiDAMN!! View Post
    Turn the container upside down, paint the 3 blue and add "oodcutta's Shed" to the end...

Good Idea Skew, unfortunately its going in my front yard, so I want to disguise it as much as possible - Do you think the council will notice?

Quote Originally Posted by mbaginwood View Post
    a product called ESP from good paint shops will make paint stick to almost anything but you do have to follow the directions well and be prepared to wait awhile before you use it. Remember this if your lazy like myself and don't wish to sand a whole heap of enamel. Has worked well for me in the past on large rooms. Good luck
    Thanks for the idea. I have often seen ESO in the local paint shop and wondered if it worked or was just a gimmick - sounds like it works.

PS - anyone needing to remove stickers, do it slowly with heat- dont try a quick way - hypothetically a flapper wheel on a disk grinder -DAMHIKT!!