Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Moving... question regarding seatainers

Okay it looks like we'll be moving in a month or so... no not to FNQ as I wanted but over toward the coast in Australind or Eaton way

Anyway we have figured out how were going to move everything else... but Im wondering about that 40ft seatainer I put behind the shed?

Anyone have any ideas if a seatainer truck can slide one out and up on their back or do I need to hire a crane to get it out and onto the truck?

Im tossing up weather to just leave this one behind when we sell and move and just buy anothery... 3500 for a new second hand one delivered... but if I hire a crane then it may well go to that figure just to move this one

How do they load these things? I know when they dropped it off the bloke just lifted the front of the truck bed and it slid down and he drove off leaving the seatainer behind... so given if I empty the seatainer totally so its at its minimum weight can it be slid up onto the bed from where we have stuffed it?

Just wondering here... since it wouldnt be a bad added selling point... you know "2 1/2 acre block nice views 4x1 house with 9x6 workshop and extra 40ft seatainer for storage = $lotsamoola"

Anyways ideas thoughts etc
    Cheers
    Shane
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

There are trucks that move containers that have their own lift - one at the front of the tray and another at the back. Not sure if I have seen one that takes the 40' containers though.
    Bob

"If a man is after money, he's money mad; if he keeps it, he's a capitalist; if he spends it, he's a playboy; if he doesn't get it, he's a never-do-well; if he doesn't try to get it, he lacks ambition. If he gets it without working for it; he's a parasite; and if he accumulates it after a life time of hard work, people call him a fool who never got anything out of life."
    - Vic Oliver

Yes they do move containers with a swing lift truck (I work at a port) but i would say it would be horribly expensive to move them great distances. If I was going to do that I would want it full as. Second thought the transport company would probably charge you for the weight as well... you lose both ways lol.

I would be more inclined to use it as an incentive to a buyer when you sell. I know I would love one...

Shane.

Shane,
    there's sideshift semis and tilt tray semis, both of which can self load a 12M shipping container. Best bet would be to contact container rental/sales companies to get prices or contacts.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938