Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Carbatec 6" Jointer table adjustment

Hoping someone can help me. I have a Carbatec 6" Jointer model CTJ-150. I have only used it on short stock until now, but with longer pieces the timber is getting tappered. Using a straight edge it is apparent that the infeed and outfeed tables are not parallel. The infeed table is lower at the cutter end than the feed end by about 1mm. However when I raise the infeed table to the height of the outfeed table it comes back into parallel. I have searched for instructions on how to adjust the tables for this but have not found anything I can use.

Can any one provide some guidance on how to adjust the tables to get them parallel? Any help would be appreiciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Here are 2 links that may be helpful.

118 – Jointer Setup | The Wood Whisperer

This Grizzly model is similar to the Carbatec model, but their manual is much better.

http://cdn0.grizzly.com/manuals/g0604x_m.pdf

Note that others on this forum have reported 2 grub screws securing the adjustment cams. Best to take the grub screw out completely just to make sure there is not another lurking below.

Trevor

For an adjustment tool, try modifying the spanner used on an angle grinder. Carbatec don't sell the tools to adjust the tables.

That is excellent information and I'll have a crack at it today. Thanks for the assistance.

Regards

Graeme