Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone here from Sale or its environs?

Other than being the birth place of Wil Anderson, what has Sale got going for it?
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

A very spiffy control system for the water treatment plant. (Even if i do say so myself although I put it in quite a few years ago.)
    Water fact for the day: - The drinking water that is pumped out of the bores at Sale, fell as rain in the Dandenongs over 400 years ago.
    Sorry WW, nothing else of interest comes to mind about Sale.
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwould View Post
    Other than being the birth place of Wil Anderson, what has Sale got going for it?
    You thinking of going there?

Sale? Home of the Europa Deli (say Hi to Philomena for me), great for lunch if you like cheese. Quiet country town where the police will book you for speeding outside a school on a Saturday (50 in a 40).

It has friendly people, an Air Force Base; home to the Roullettes Aerobatic Display Team and the Officer Training School. There is a second hand/antiques store in a warehouse type shop that is worth a visit but not a trip for its own sake.

PS. Sale is 2 hours 42 minutes from Hoppers Crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You thinking of going there?
    ..... maybe.
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

Well you're not in Morwell and can always keep driving and go to Bairnsdale.

Not a bad place at all.

Gateway to combustible goodies from Bass Strait.

Have hazy but rosy memories of getting plastered there with a Yugo resident who did his own cherry brandy. All too smooth.
    Cheers, Ern

Hmm, I could be tempted to pay the place a visit. Are there any woodworking haunts, tool shops or furniture-type timber yards in the area?

Regards, Woodwould.

Quote Originally Posted by rsser View Post
    Not a bad place at all.
    Have hazy but rosy memories of getting plastered there
    Sounds like most places to me

Hmm, I could be tempted to pay the place a visit. Are there any woodworking haunts, tool shops or furniture-type timber yards in the area?
    They have Dahlsens which has a pretty good range, and there is a really good little tool store on the road out to the RAAF Base. Dahlsens has a timber store too but mostly trade, I never went looking for cabinet timbers when I was there.

Not a bad place at all.

Gateway to combustible goodies from Bass Strait.

Have hazy but rosy memories of getting plastered there with a Yugo resident who did his own cherry brandy. All too smooth.
    Most of the Yugos did break down, and the owners ended up living in a few! I've never come across one with a still in it....

..... maybe.
    If you go larger on the house and shed, you realise it will mean more books and furniture... er, why am I asking this?

Sale is a growing regional town. Overall in my limited experience it doesn't have the charm of Rosedale, Traralgon or Bairnsdale.

It all depends on what your wants and needs are. How close to the regional hospital or nursing homes you need to be when the shadows draw closer.

Blackwood and Myrtle Beech are sourced from Vic forests but the mills would be some distance from Sale. An acquaintance reports sourcing rough sawn timber relatively cheaply from mills direct but I've not bothered to quiz him about what species and from where.
    Cheers, Ern

Sale is a growing regional town. Overall in my limited experience it doesn't have the charm of Rosedale, Traralgon or Bairnsdale.
    I used to drive through Rosedale, Traralgon and Bairnsdale on a fortnightly basis to visit the outlaws in Paynesville and none of them projected any perceivable charm despite stopping for refreshments in all of them. Oh dear.

It all depends on what your wants and needs are. How close to the regional hospital or nursing homes you need to be when the shadows draw closer.
    I'm beginning to think my wants are unrealistic, but my needs, at least, are few. A good hospital is probably number one on the list.

Regards, Woodwould.

The small town I wanted to retire to acquired a nursing home, improved hospital and GP clinic. Then the real estate prices rose sharply putting it out of reach. Darn baby boomers.
    Cheers, Ern