Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: New forum ideas

Default New forum ideas

How 'bout a "Workshop and Shed" forum and "Miscellaneous"

Then when someone puts a thread up in "General Woodwork" that really has stuffall to do with woodwork, we can tell them to put it in the Miscellaneous forum

Theres a nothing to do with woodwork forum already
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna View Post
    Theres a nothing to do with woodwork forum already
    True
    If you look in the "General Woodwork" forum you'll see alot of threads that aren't really about woodwork, they kind of are, but aren't. I want to see some threads that are actually about woodwork, not about someone's shed or solar power or Aldi etc.

There have been so mamy different woodie things discussed over the years that most info is already here. Maybe we need a newby/novice woodies section
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna View Post
    There have been so mamy different woodie things discussed over the years that most info is already here. Maybe we need a newby/novice woodies section
    You are right, the Forum is a gold mine of info and ideas but the bigger it gets the harder it is to find the gold needles. Search engines are very limited in what they can do because not everyone knows what they are looking for and return far too many hits on particular topics. An increasing number of posts are longer standing members referring newbies back to previous posts - I'm not sure how long this can be sustained.

What we are not doing is using our sticky lists properly. eg I don't think the General Woodwork forum should be used for forum T-shirt advertizing.

More subfora would help a bit and some main threads should be pushed back into those subfora eg WOODTURNING - ORNAMENTAL TURNING should be under woodturning, and why does Woodwind have a Forum of its own and all other musical instruments get crammed into one forum?

Anyway I'm not griping - just trying to come to grips with the information management side of things.