Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Arbortec Brick Saw v Wet Diamond Blade

Hello Friends,

Need to do some demo work in prep for Kitchen and other reno activities on face brick and internal brick walls.

Has anyone had good experiences with the Arbortec Brick and Masonry cutter. Considering hiring one or using a diamond blade bricksaw, but not keen on the watery outcome....and out of control feeling.

Any advice on where to hire from in Perth Northern Suburbs appreciated.

Thanks....Damon

Hi Damon
    I've been looking at these things for a while, just had no reason to buy one yet. I have a mate who's quoted & won a job with about 20 brick size vents to put into sub floor brickwork, he's going to buy one. They look good though, I'm surprised there's not more around.
    "the bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Digging an old thread, but does anyone have any experience with these now? I was going to buy a quick cut on Monday, but just spotted this thread. What are these like, and how much do they cost?
    I have about 18-20 metres of cutting to do, making window and door openings in an old (around 50 years) brick and concrete building. I was going to buy a quick cut/demo saw after getting a quote for the cutting at around $800. I can buy a second hand stihl quick cut for under $600, so I figured I'd come out of the job with a tool, as I'll need it on several different occasions, buying will work out cheaper than hiring.

I like the look of the arbortech saw, being an apprentice sparky it would certainly mean chasings for cables much easier, and this house needs rewiring and being solid brick there will be much chasing required!

Would the arbortech be up to the job, how much does it cost, and what are replacement blades etc worth?

Cheers, Dean
    Interested in fish and aquariums? Check out the Tassie Cichlid Scene:

Don't overlook hire, if its just a few metres then it seems a waste to buy a saw for limited work. We've just fimished cutting three doorways through 600mm of concrete block work and the all up cost of saw and a hilti only came to $300 and when you consider that includes the wear on the blade and chisels it seemed pretty cheap to me. The job on the other was a real PIA, a fourth opening was in single skin and a real doddle for the saw alone.