Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Need help from our Italian Friends

I've noticed a few Italians on the forum, some of you have even responded to some of my recent posts. It's great to see people from all over the world. Had a look at the la-truciolara site - some beautiful work.

My wife does lampwork - that is, she makes glass beads using a burner and Italian glass rods. Problem is to buy the glass in Australia costs a fortune, seems they are making huge markups.

To buy from the factory - Effetre in Morano, Venice - I have to buy a minimum of 100kg - well beyond me.

I am trying to find a retailer in Italy who would ship Effetre glass rods to Australia. If any of you know of any such shop I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks
    Don

PS If you would like to see my wife's work go to FlaminBeads

Having trouble with the link Don.

Hei Don,
    Could your wife not get together with a few people and get 100kg between them.
    Cheers
    Paul

, Link works fine from my end. The www.flaminbeads site redirects you to our isp free page on Kooee.

Smidsy, have you any idea how much 100kg of glass is - maybe if she lived in a big city and had a dozen other flameworkers that would work - but we live in the bush and there is only one other serious lampworker in the area.

Thanks
    Don

Woops - should have said our www.flaminbeads.com site will redirect you.
    Don

Don, you may wish to pass on to your other half that I liked her website, except, it was really hard to read the text in some parts.

I had quite a hard time with some of the coloured text merging with the blue background.

If you look at the bottom three pictures you will notice their cyan borders show a quite dramatic contrast, type with this colour would be far easier to read.

I really liked the earrings (bottom left) and will show them to the missus and see if she is interested.

Mick.

Don

Beautiful work, my congratulation to the wonderful wife.

The piece I liked is the "Woody Grub" any relation to your hobby????

Thanks forlk for the nice comments on my wife's handiwork. She is getting pretty good at it - and costing me more than my woodwork.

Haven't done much woodturning since she started, she keeps me going making bits and pieces for her lampwork.

Point taken on the readability of some of the text. Unfortunately I haven't been able to access the website for 2 weeks now - Kooee is "upgrading!!!!" and can't figure out why we can't access our website.

Don