Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Finally Finished.

Hi,

I started making this block a while ago, but I have a had fair bit on lately, & I only finished it yesterday.

Then block is End Grain Pine with Jarrah boarders.

The stand is Pine, as is the Potatoe box.

The bottom shelf is Jarrah, M&T 's into the legs & a pine ply base.

The knife block is Jarrah as well. I didn't want to put a knife block on it, but it's what the customer wanted.

The bottoms of thge legs have Tnuts inserted for the wheels which I have not put on to roll around on my dirty old shed floor.overboard o

I went a bit n the polishing of the block, but it is a present for the blokes wife so I thought, what the hell, its not that hard to make it look a bit nicer.

The block is finished with Cabbots Kitchen bench & block oil. (Food Safe)

Hope you like it.

SteveAttachment 257164Butchers Block 3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The fact remains, that 97% of all statistics are made up, yet 87% of the population think they are real.

Very nice.

I have always wanted to do one. Can I ask, how deep are the individual blocks on the top? And how did you support them?

G'day Cava,

I think from memory, the block is about 50mm thick before sanding.

The entire block is just sitting on the 4 legs of the trolly.

I enjoy making these, & you can make them from off cuts. I was given a piece of Jarrah, & the bloke that gave it to me wanted to see what I had done with it. What do you do with one piece of Jarrah?
    So I cut it into strips & inserted it in this block. The old bloke that gave me the Jarrah was pretty happy to see how it had been used, the bloke that ordered the block was pretty happy, as he hadn't seen one quite like it before, eveyone was happy.

Thats the funny thing I have found about making boards & blocks, there is a story behind every one.

They are fun to make Cava, & I have some great clamps for putting them together, but that is a different story. One of the things that has kept me from finishing this job off for such a long time.

Steve
    The fact remains, that 97% of all statistics are made up, yet 87% of the population think they are real.

Thanks. Another excuse to buy more clamps. What glue did you use?

You can use any water resistant PVA, or Titebond style yellow glue is good.

I can steer you in the right direction on the clamps, PM me for more info.

Steve