Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
    Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Default I no longer wish to be associated with the forum

After checking my bank account in the early hours of the morn' I discovered that I was down to a mere (approx) $17,500,000:00.
    Did I win lotto and someone deposit it, did an unknown relly die and bequeath such a noble sum?????
    After checking out the BMW and Bentley websites my little world came crashing down around me, my bank had made a major balls up and within 15 minutes I was back into debt again
    It was a pleasant 30 seconds or so and I will now be contributing again as I have no idea as to who the Indian giver was
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Iain,

I can only apologise for the actions of your bank, you can imagine my surprise when I found it missing from my account!

Sorry for the inconvenience, but let me assure you, it doesn't change your life!

P

Call the bank and demand to know how the heck their security can let someone withdraw $17.5m from your account without your permission.

Explain you were expecting the proceeds from the estate of the ex-Minister for Finance from Nigeria who's family you are helping out.

Demand a written answer.

If nothing else, you should be receiving $40 interest for the 15 minutes of wealth and that will by a slab - of VB not timber.

Well thats just an issue in life that we all have to come to terms with.
    Better later rather than sooner , can you imagine living with the dispair of having lost that much money when you were the age of a young wispersnapping punching bag like me?
    Mick

avantguardian

Why didn'ya withdraw it immediately to another bank.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Sorry, I typed the wrong number
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Reminds me of one of the earliest computer-based scams on the bank.

Girl (AKA the accomplice) establishes an account at the bank, & a few weeks later, contacts her branch and tells them she is expecting a large deposit, which she will be withdrawing immediately in cash. She will go to the bank at the time the transfer is expected.

At the time arranged, her boyfriend (AKA the crim) rings up another branch (or HO, deepending on which version you hear) and says 'Computer section here. We're testing part of the system. Can you please do a dummy transfer of a brazillian megayen into a/c XYZ at ABC branch. We'll kill the transfer as soon as we see that it works.

Unsuspecting bank johnnie (AKA the poor idiot) makes the transfer to the branch where the accomplice is waiting. Bank tells her her money has come in, so she immediately withdraws it, thanks them for their help and gives the money to the crim, who gives her a plane ticket to a distant land and promises to meet her there when the hue & cry has died down.

After an hour or so the poor idiot rings the computer section and asks if they have sorted out the system yet? His world unravels in front of his eyes as he realises he's been conned.

Police catch the accomplice at the airport, but the crim vanishes, to live out his life on the proceeds of his ill-but-cleverly-gotten gains.

It's definitely true, I read it in the paper.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook