Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: What the???

Default What the???

I am taxidermatised if I know, but I cleaned out my cookies, as suggested by a person whom shall remain annonymous, and then found that I had to re-log in this forum. I now find that I am running as a new member and as my original listing.
    The thread 'worth a Look' is mine as is 'computer users'.
    So what do I do now, boys and girls, administrators and others?
    This one is posted as new member.

Is the log ins kept as cookies? There were 167 of the little 'biscuits', but they all looked the same to me.

Peter R.
    Last edited by Peter R.; 21st October 2004 at 09:21 PM. Reason: a bit more

Peter,
    It looks to me that you have registered as a new user.

Previously you were "Peter R" and your new user is "Peter R." notice the full stop on your new registration.
    Regards

Kev M

Peter,
    not that I understand this stuff much at all, but as far as I know this site (and others) recognise you as a previous visitor or member by the cookie that it places on your computer. When you wiped out all the cookies this site had no way of knowing who you are. As Kev has pointed out you've now logged in under a different name. You need to log out and then log in again as Peter R

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Peter. Mick's got it in one. When you clean out the cookies you need to log-in with your username and password as you originally registered.

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}

Right on Mr Brash. Old Victorian advertising campaign.

Hi Peter...still struggling with that PC and windows I see.

Dont fight it mate...its only a matter of time before head down to the nearest Apple shop and join the dark side
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigeo

Dont fight it mate...its only a matter of time before head down to the nearest Apple shop and join the dark side
    Don't listen too them Peter. Their ratings are borne out of insecurity and jealousy.

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}

Talking It's like this

Quote Originally Posted by KevM
    Peter,
    It looks to me that you have registered as a new user.

Previously you were "Peter R" and your new user is "Peter R." notice the full stop on your new registration.
    Regards

Kev M
    You are right, and thank you all for your help.
    After I removed all the cookies I tried to re-enter a under my old password but with the dot after the R and, of course, it was not accepted. Then I asked for a new password which duly came. But I entered it on the wrong name again.
    Soooooo! now I have logged out under Peter R (dot) and re-logged under Peter R 9no dot) with the new password and I am back to normal (Ha! normal? Surely you jest)
    I have alos noticed that under the other registration the ubeaut background is yellow whereas on the old one it is blue.
    Aint all this fun - Not.

Peter R

Are you going Dotty?

Talking Who ME?

Quote Originally Posted by
    Are you going Dotty?
    Dot's not very nice .
    There are two things that happen when you get old, one is that you start to lose your memory, and I can't remember the other one.

How do I get rid of Peter dot? I can't stand the man.

Peter R (not dot)
    Last edited by Peter R; 24th October 2004 at 06:18 PM. Reason: and another thing

Talking I did ask

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigeo

Well! I spoke to a large (local) computer dealer. The owner is a friend of mine.
    He said that he will always favout IBM but Apple or Mac is OK, and probably what I would need if I was just starting out. He suggested that Apple is just your basic operations system, good for keeping out of trouble simply because it doesn't have much to muck up - his words.
    He also said that he would sell people Apple if they insisted, but if asked to recommend, he wouldn't go past IBM.
    Although he is a friend He doesn't have a lot of time to be my tutor, nor would I ask him to be. Why would I?- I have all you wonderful people.
    Hows your back, Squizzy?

Peter R.