Hi All,

I am new to this forum and I hoping someone may be able to provide a simple but effective answer to a problem I have.

I recently had a new deck installed on the back of my house - its a beauty - 9m by 6m kwila timber with a gabled roof. I used one coat of Sikkens HLS Pine followed by 2 coats of Sikkens Cetol Deck and it came up a treat! This was 2 weeks ago.

Yesterday my new BBQ arrived and I put it together in my back room and then rolled it out onto the deck. Unfortunately the wheel locks on the bbq were on and I didn't realise I was actually dragging the bbq over the deck which resulted in the wheels leaving scratches in the deck that are about 1 metre liong across about 4 or 5 boards and about half an inche thick.

I tried putting a quick coat of the Sikkens Cetol Deck over the scratched area but although it did darken the scratches a bit they are still very visible and are right in front of the doors!

Does anyone have any advice as to how I might remove these scratches? Do I have to sand back the affected boards and recoat them and if so do I have to sand the entire length of the boards which are 9m or will it work if I just sand the affect areas and recoat them? i.e. will that just make the problem look worse or will it resolve it?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated everyone.

Thanks

Mick

More...