Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Recommendations for demolition crew

I've got a double brick house in Heidelberg Melbourne that needs to go. Has anyone here had good experiences with their demolition job, and can recommend a good honest crew?

I understand that somethings are salvageable and may be worth a bit of dough. Have also read somewhere that you can actually sell a house (the building itself), and have someone pay you to have it carted away.

Any contacts appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi Supa,

No chance of selling for relocation if thats what you were meaning about selling the structure and having it carted away. Being double brick, the structure needs to be dismantled to move, then fully rebuilt. Is an option for framed houses including brick veneer, but not double brick.

Other options is to contract to a demo company to dismantle and remove as components, i.e bricks, flooring, windows, doors etc. Cost depends on labour required and what is saleable versus landfill. Needs demo co to inspect and assess to determine overall cost.

Hi Supa

I live in Coburg and I am partially demolishing my double brick house for a renovation and extension (I bet our houses are the same eg 1950's double brick clinker). Anyway unfortunately I can't demolish the whole house (can you believe it is under heritage!). The guy noel from newlands road demolition comp came and had a look ...it has asbestos in the eaves and laundry area + demolish back... came to $4000.