Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default low retaining wall

hi guys im building a new home at the moment and we cut into the block 400-500mm on the high side, now its 36m deep block so im going to need a 36m retaining wall.
    im bricklayer by trade but i know it will hurt the pocket by the time footings are dug and poored with rod and 200 190mm blocks are laid plus capping for a 36m wall.
    my question is those treated pine between the gal H and U bars how effective are these? and how do you stop them from bowing? what should my distance between the H bar be?
    any help would be great!!!
    also as it is boundry retaining wall (well we want to try have it 200-300mm from where the fence is going to be , to allow more room down side of the house) should the fence go up first or should we get in and get the retainer up first?

cheers guys

To be honest, if I was a bricklayer, and I had a retaining wall to build, I would use brick

I have recently built a couple of retaining walls, one out of those stacking block systems and one out of TP.... I used TP for around the shed because, well its for around a shed, if it were to be a feature wall for the main backyard I dont think I would have used TP.

Pics of both are here: http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...t=39075&page=2
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.