Default footings, treated wood and whiteants,

Hi all, I cant find an existing thread about this so here goes.

Im planning a patio - A wooden frame (connecting to the house at the fascia), pavers (held in place by a treated pine border), and a bit of a balistrade... to give it that verandah feel.

Is there any point in using galv steel post supports (to avoid whiteants) if im going to use wooden edging right beside the posts anyway (to keep the pavers in place)?

Should i simply set the posts straight into the concrete?

All thoughts welcome.

Termite will not bite into treated timber but they will walk over or under it to get to untreated stuff. There needs to be a barrier between any element that touches the ground and untreated timbers, even the existing house. If I understand the situation I would advise the use of the steel post supports and some kind of barrier between the treated timber and the posts. Could contact a termite protection company to see what they recommend. Maybe a bent metal strip fixed to under the patio to the posts to stop them climbing up the post and into the wooden frame + post.

Sounds good, but the details a bit confusing. Do you mean putting something in between the posts and stirrups? Sorta like a termite cap but at the bottom of the post instead of the top?