Question Making bunk beds

I have used this site for some years, and so I'm not new to this place. (thou it will not use my old id name?). However there is a new problems in this house.

We need bed space, and bunk beds are ideal. Plus I want to do this job myself. There was a "Baby Rocking Cradle" done by "klepet", and the replies where great for my project. Things to look for, places to see or info to use.There is lot to making a bed?

So what is my problem??:confused: I need plans for L shaped bunk beds. Lower bed seperate and 90degree from the upper bed. Does anyone have some solutions. Or ideas

Thanks

The L shaped beds we had were simply 2 separate beds with one having much higher legs and a support rail at about normal bed height across the back. It also had a guard rail on the outside up the top as well. Pretty simple to make. Just a frame at each end, side rails and pine slats.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

tinsmith

You could just make a normal Loft Bed (ie a bunk bed with just a top bunk) which is normally used to for space saving and can house a desk (or whatever) underneath and then put a normal single bed under it.

Cheers
    They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian. They're not laughing now.
    Bob Monkhouse

Have a look at this site.

http://www.bunkers.com.au/default.htm

They have some very neat stuff.
    If you drop into their store they have a nice brochure with lots of measurements as well.

Darren

tinsmith,
    I realise this thread has gone a bit cold by now but if you are still looking, beds are a common inclusion in books. Check out a few libraries.
    I think the number range to look in is about 684 (books in libraries are arranged in topics according to numbers written on the spine, just in case you didnt know. cant asume everything).