Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Exclamation sick of getting junk SMS's?

I got a few "Quiz" sms's a few months back. Turns out I was charged for 4 @ $5 each. Now I'm 99.9% positive I never ever replied to the first one, but it is just possible I did. I contacted Telstra who told me they just go on what the premium service provider tells them and that I should contact them (Opera telecom). Rang them and said that there needed to be:

an offer
    a consideration
    an agreement

for a contract to exist. I told them that I did not believe that I had ever entered into an agreement with them and that I wanted proof. They said that they could provide proof but that it may take up to three weeks. It's been about six weeks and no reply so I sent a letter to:

Telstra National Business Centre
    reply paid 2257
    Melb. Vic. 3002

Attn: manager Lyn Arboit

Told them I was disputing the charges and that the onus was on them to prove they were legitimate. Monies, including interest equal to the credit card that I use to pay the phone bill to be credited to me if charges were not legit. I finished with:

"Please be advised that I am formally requesting you to stop any further quiz or competition SMS s being sent to any of my telephones. By continuing to allow these to be sent to my telephones you are entering into an agreement to pay me for any time I incur in replying with a “stop” to these messages or disputing any incorrect charges. My charges are currently $100 per hour, billed in increments of fifteen minutes or part thereof."

Waiting on their response, please feel free to do the same and cut and paste my text if you're experiencing similar problems.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Default another

Just sent an email to this bunch of tossers. I got an unsolicited SMS from them 2 days ago informing me I'd won a prize. Told them that they would enter into a legally binding contract to give me $20 for each and every unsolicited SMS they sent me after reciept of my Email. Monies to be credited to my phone account by the end of the month the SMS was sent. Any SMS from them would taken as an acceptance by them of my terms and conditions.
    Let's hope they're as stupid as they take me to be.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Go for 'em Mick!

Keep up the fight - keep us informed - these people are predators on kids as these are naive enough to reply and get sucked into their schemes.

I believe that ringtones and games "providers" are now also into this type of stunt.

Regards,
    Bob

my phone is CDMA

got an sms on the 27th of Feb telling me the cdma network would cease to operate... on the 8th of Feb 2007