Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: A WA hobbiest

Default A WA hobbiest

Hi folks, I just signed up yesterday, and I've already been enjoying the forums and have picked up a few tips already.

I've been woodworking on weekends in winter (summer is too hot in the shed) for about 10 years now and slowly improving, and slowly building up a decent kit of equipment. unfortuantely my workspace isn't big enough for all the table saws, router tables etc that I'd like, but i'm doing some nice stuff with the hand held kit that I've got.

I grew up in Victoria, but started woodworking when I moved to Adelaide, a passion which continued on moving to WA in 2001. I've fallen in love with the WA hardwoods since I've been here (the joy of the first time you put some oil on a piece of raw jarah and see it come alive), but i'm struggling to source decent timber these days (of decent size, the quaility is fine). As I've developed I've enjoyed the design aspect as much as woodworking, and love creating things that just don't exist in the market place.

the next project is a dining room setting for us (I've built about 6 tables for other people). I've got the design for the table worked out (using old jarrah sleepers for the base), but I'm pondering the chair design. I was delighted to see a couple of unique creations in the forums here.

Cheers
    Gorf

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome gorf.
    There is a great guy that can help you in Perth Should be able to supply or put you an the right track David Howlett | [email protected]
    Tell him Aussie sent you
    Back To Car Building & All The Sawdust.

Thumbs up

G'day Gorf and welcome aboard.

Any further west and you will end up in South Africa.

Welcome to the forum.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John