Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Maybe This Will Help Reduce The Divorce Rate?

Or it could be a way of earning some extra cash over the weekend?

Couple are swept along by tradition

A father-and-son chimney sweep team are bringing luck to newly married couples all over the Black Country by appearing at their weddings. Superstitious couples are turning to Peter March and his son Sam Roy to ensure that not just their wedding but the rest of their lives go ahead as planned. Mervin Pearson, aged 39, and his bride Dawn Mannion, 29, were the latest couple to enlist their services on Saturday.

Dressed in his traditional attire and accompanied with a broom and blackened face, Mr March waited outside Holy Trinity Church in Short Heath, Willenhall, to greet the happy couple, from New Invention, as they left the church. Offering the bridegroom a handshake and the bride a kiss, Mr March then posed for pictures and stamped his luck, as only chimney sweeps can, on the proceedings. Superstition dictates a marriage will be long and successful if the bridal party meets a chimney sweep on the way to church.

They charge from £150 to appear at a wedding. Speaking after the wedding, Mrs Pearson said: “I have always known that it is an old wives’ tale to have a chimney sweep at your wedding to bring your marriage luck, and so I thought I would get a chimney sweep to attend mine. I thought it added a nice little touch to the day.”
    Mr March, 62, has been running his chimney sweep business from his home in Persehouse Street, Walsall, for the 12 years and in that time has attended numerous weddings. His son Sam, 22, also offers the wedding service and was also in attendance at another ceremony on Saturday.

nothing to sneeze at......
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

We had one at although he was dressed in a suit my dad had been one in the UK as well as a coal miner so we had double the luck 33 years this year.

I just went back to Canada for 3 weeks and about 3/4 of the marriages of people I went to visit or check up on had failed in the three years I've been gone. I can't think of one here that has failed in that time. I found it quite unraveling to find so many are falling by the way side there.