Hi All,

My first post here so if you think I'm dumb just tell me to go get the chequered paint OK.

Wife & I are about to do a pile of reno work including complete bathroom re-design & rebuild. We're getting trades to do most work but I'm the donkey to help where I can.

We had a design for the bathroom that sorted the current problem where the person in the bath gets to enjoy the toilet stench from about 12 inches away (see pic). So we came up with a change & all was good to begin until we realised the timber window is where the new shower/bath recess will be. In the photo the showeree will be standing where the dunny is in the new layout so the window will get a good regular soaking. The bath runs along under the window (it's a shower bath setup) We have one bathroom & 3 kids so it's gonna be a life of solid service.

I spoke to the paint manager at the hardware, "no worries, just prep it right, you'll be fine". Spoke to the engineer "treat it like a boat toilet, use 2 pack polyurethane, you'll be fine". Spoke to the tile shop owner, "Can I buy tickets to the show, your wife will look ace thru the window!".

So We're dead keen on keeping the new layout, it's all that will work unless we go back to the same setup which stinks http://www.renovateforum.com/images/...andard/eek.gif

The window frame is built in a way that matches all the other timberwork in the house & we don't want to go for anything else either. We'd be happy to re-configure the glass so the inner pane is 3/4 height to reduce water into the sash cord area & to do all the tricky sealing that is possible, don't care if it costs some so long as we can trust the outcome will be OK.

Anyone got any views about this. If we're likely to have probs no matter what please let me know, I can take it (maybe?!) but if you have any suggestions we'd be grateful too.

Cheers and what a cool forum, between this & the library I'm having some pretty late nights, 6 weeks till kickoff!

nucklehead.

PS 2nd pic shows the timber, no idea what it is but lots of layers of paint.

Attached Thumbnails

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...