Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Newcastle Craft & Woodshow 2011

I know this may cheer some of us up seems Newcastle Craft & Wood show 2011 will be on after all.

The dates may not be to great though.

I have been told dates are also in some Aussie wood magazines.

Newcastle Craft Expo August 18 - 21

I_wanna_Shed is offline Now I've got a 10x14m shed! I need a new name...

Great news Ray! I do like that show. That puts it only six or so weeks following the Sydney show, but extremely conveniently placed on my birthday! Ohhhhhhh it's going to be a great birthday next year. Roll on August 2011 (with a pause in June for the Sydney show, of course!).

Nathan.

Hi Ray, hmm, just has to be worth while, its been getting weaker each year. Being after Sydney won't help either most of us will have blown our wads at Sydney. Oh well you never know, have to stay positive about it.
    Instagram: mark_aylward
    www.solidwoodfurniture.com.au

A good edge takes a little sweat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Claw Hama View Post
    Hi Ray, hmm, just has to be worth while, its been getting weaker each year. Being after Sydney won't help either most of us will have blown our wads at Sydney. Oh well you never know, have to stay positive about it.
    A stanb of CH & TH works would be a good drawcard.

Nathan what a way to celebrate R taking you away to the Hunter for wine and wood weekend oh and her craft stuff too.

Yes great idea Ray! Show on Friday, then two nights in the Hunter. We need to replenish our Hunter stock (we'll probably replenish it with Mudgee wines over NYE), but any excuse will absolutely do!

Probably won't fit too much wine in the car if its full of timber though. I hope the show is a good one.

Nathan.

I am confused!!
    Talking with Bob (pres of Woodturners of the Hunter) a week ago when they brought a coachload up to visit Artisans Retreat - he indicated there would be no show in 2011.
    Ah well - time will tell I guess.

But if anyone is wanting something to do next february - Artisans Retreat is planning a small show with a few key suppliers.
    Will announce on these forums when details are finalised.
    Artisans On The Hilll - Gallery, Manning Valley Hideaway Accommodation & Workshops.
    Ideal Family or Group Getaway!
    You all come & visit now - y'hear!
    http://www.artisansonthehill.com.au

That could be a nice little days outing, been meaning to call in when I'm up that way. (not that often but this may be the right excuse)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozartisan View Post
    I am confused!!
    Talking with Bob (pres of Woodturners of the Hunter) a week ago when they brought a coachload up to visit Artisans Retreat - he indicated there would be no show in 2011.
    Ah well - time will tell I guess.
    No mention of it on their website either!
    Kev

Peter & Kev that is exactly what I heard at Trend open days when the Newcastle mob came down by coach. It was one of the OTGA members who pointed out that he had got the latest Aussie magazine and it had it in there.

OK guys here it is from the horses mouth!!

THERE WILL BE NO 2011 WOODWORKING SHOW IN NEWCASTLE.

We could not comply with Expertise events new 4 day show (as well as a change of dates) as all our exhibitors, bar one, would not have participated, nevertheless, that was a commercial decision for them and not us to make.
    We are hoping however to try and regroup and do something in 2012 - don't know what, don't know when yet.
    It really does depend if we can convince someone in the Woodturners of the Hunter to sacrifice a year of full time work to organise it at a princely salary with lots of zeros in it, in fact ALL zeros!!
    As well as that we have to get our exhibitors behind us again as they are our lifeblood and their support is vital.
    Please bear with us and we hope to be able to have what we consider to be another great show up and running in 2012.

Oh well, just have to spend all my money in Sydney

Just for Forum Members information, Woodturners of the Hunter are participating at the Newcastle City Farmers Markets on the second and fourth sunday of each month. We have lots of finished products for sale as gifts etc but we also have our timber stock on display and for sale.
    Heaps of green and partially dried Camphor, Silky, Norfolk, Brown Pine, Ironbark and other bits and pieces. So if you are looking for some slabs come on over and have a poke around.
    More info at Woodturners of the Hunter: Woodturners of the Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    OK guys here it is from the horses mouth!!

THERE WILL BE NO 2011 WOODWORKING SHOW IN NEWCASTLE.

We could not comply with Expertise events new 4 day show (as well as a change of dates) as all our exhibitors, bar one, would not have participated, nevertheless, that was a commercial decision for them and not us to make.
    We are hoping however to try and regroup and do something in 2012 - don't know what, don't know when yet.
    It really does depend if we can convince someone in the Woodturners of the Hunter to sacrifice a year of full time work to organise it at a princely salary with lots of zeros in it, in fact ALL zeros!!
    As well as that we have to get our exhibitors behind us again as they are our lifeblood and their support is vital.
    Please bear with us and we hope to be able to have what we consider to be another great show up and running in 2012.

Sorry to hear that Salty and thanks for clarifying. I considered this to be a very good event, especially considering it was organised and run by a club - I know the effort that goes into events 1/4 of this size.

Hopefully all is back on board and successful in 2012.

Nathan.

Cheers Nathan, we do appreciate the feedback.
    Yes it is a HEAP of work to organize but we always thought it was well worthwhile and it had the additional benefit of our Club being able to donate over the past 12 years $530,000 to the John Hunter Hospital's Kids Club.
    Let me tell you this one of the Club's proudest achievements.

Salty as CH and Nathan said thanks for clarifying, I still wonder why though it was advertised as such via the magazine and the Crafters wesite.

Its a darn good cause that and they should be very proud of the effort thats a big public donation.