Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Sand paper

Default Sand paper

G'Day All'
    For some time I have been having problems finding 600 & 1200 grit dry rub paper. The local hardware stores tried to find it for me with no success,
    They could only get Eet & dry.
    E-Bay was the answer, found this shop--<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ccccff><TD class=titlePadding width="100%">DRY-RUB SHEETS- Qty15 assorted -from The Sandpaper Man

</TD><TD noWrap align=right>Item number: 230198111233</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Norton paper, works out cheaper than the hardware, Arrived 2 days after I bought it.

I will be buying all my paper from him now.

Bye the way I am in no way connected to the shop but have noticed from time to time paople have wanted to get outlets for paper.

Cheers Ravlord

Question Anyone like this in the USA?

From his website my presumption is that he only deals in Australia (perfectly understandable, mind you).

I'm in the USA, however, and what I'm looking for is sheets of velcro-backed paper that I can cut for use on my finishing sander. They, of course, designed it to force you to use their products, but I figure if you can get the stuff in bulk you should be able to use a hole-punch and a razor-knife to make them instead, and have the grits you want rather than 10 used sheets and 12 sheets of a grit you didn't need and don't plan on needing.

So, the question would be, is there anywhere that sells, to the USA, velcro-backed sandpaper sheets in retail-sized "bulk" quantities (i.e., 10, 20 (1'x1' or so) sheets, not 500, or 10-meter rolls) ?