Hi to all, this is my first post so I hope I make it clear as to the advise I which to obtain...

My husband & I have taken down the bricks on the front of our house due to very large crackes in the motar due to drought. The house was weather board orginally some 60-70yrs ago and was bricked over possibly 40yo. The brick wall was loose to a point where you could move with your hand - not safe I would think.

We are in the process of putting in wall insul batts, new liner foil and battens to put blue board up. Reading previous post it seems that bb should be hung vertically?? We have put up a small section horizontal. What is the importance of hanging vertical against horizontal?

New windows are also going in to replace the old double hung with aluminum sliders with external arch. This leads me to another question, do you put your window in before you blueboard so you can silicone the al arch to bb or put your window in the slid the bb behind?

I would be truly greatful if someone could help me. I'm sure there will be pleanty more questions I have to ask in the near furture. Renovations, you got to love it!!

Thanx in advance Jak

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...