Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Defunct freezer wanted

I'm looking for a defunct (read real cheap) chest style or cafe freezer that I can convert into a dehumidifier kiln. (I already have a new dehumidifier).

Really want one about 8 ft long inside but will consider a 6 footer.

Failing that where can I pickup coolroom panels?
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

At this rate Bob you will overtake Sturdee
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Mate - have I got a freezer for you!

Actaully it's working fine and doesn't smell anymore! (2 litres of white king left for 2 weeks does wonders)

The bloke next door to me use to make freezers, so I'll ask him if he knows of any cheap panels lying around.

Cheers...

Dunno about second hand/non functional cabinets, but I often see heaps of ripped out cool room paneling just lying on the side of the road or in skips when warehouses are being renovated/converted. Ditto restraunts, specially when the bloke leaving has the s##ts with the landlord & rips out all the fittings before he leaves.

For the 'recycled' stuff, you'll have to cruize the industrial zones near home - mate picked up a lot in Botany last Xmas.

Another idea just came up - check with the industrial auction houses like Greys - there is always a heap of gear being auctioned from buisness going bust or replacing gear - and you won't be upset if the cooler section of the thing is bust.

Bob has a problem there brslee, I don't suppose he has got a factory within 100 miles N, E or W.
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln