Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I Dob em in

Default Do I Dob em in

I brought this item from a company who state on their public website that their product has a 10 year warranty. On reading (at home) the guarantee certificate for the item it states our standard warranty is 5 years and there is an optional 10 year warranty for an addition cost of $500.00.

I wrote to them on this (I told them that they publically advertise the 10 year warranty with no mention of being at an addition cost, I didn't tell them where their advertisement was as they should know) and some other issues and won. They gave me a ten year warranty in writing and at no additional cost.

I deem their publicly advertised information to be misleading and /or deceptive compared to what is written on the guarantee cetificiate. I see their public site still states the 10 years.

So the question is: Do I dob em in to the regulatory authority?

Yep..

No question these guys need to be brought into line.. I'm sick of these sorts of scams, yeah they will say it was an oversite, but the oversites always seem to be in the companies favor..

A cynical bastard
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

No need to really as if they advertise a ten year warranty they have to honour it. People may not be as perceptive as your self ..that's their problem, the company did the right thing by you.... it would seem a bit rough to now go and stick the knife in.

Besides who actually makes warranty claim 10 years down the track.......

Yeah but if they're misleading people conciously which I suspect they are then they should be dobbed in. They're probably quite happy to give 10 years to the perceptive customers because most won't read the detail and when they make a claim in 5 years and 1 month they'll get told to bugger off.

HH.
    Always look on the bright side...

let sleeping dogs lie
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

What ever happened to the Aussie ethos of never dobing others in, seems to have flown out the window. I don't actually mean in this instance just in general...the government is partly to blame with their constant ads -dob in a terrorist, dob in a welfare cheat, dob in a wife beater, Christ dob yourself in for failing to dob yourself in...its unAustralian in my opinion.

I take that to apply to individuals rather than companies. I wouldn't dob in a mate. If he was a terrorist I'd........ actually I would dob him in. But in general I'm not a dobber or what we call a grass where I'm from where it applies to dobbin someone in to the cops which I wouldn't do to anyone I know.

HH.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHammer View Post
    But in general I'm not a dobber or what we call a grass where I'm from where it applies to dobbin someone in to the cops which I wouldn't do to anyone I know.
    Unless they were a pervert.....although there are other ways to deal with this but with all this dobbing going on they'll always be a do-gooder that'll dob you in for bashing someone regardless of what they've done.

HH.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHammer View Post
    I take that to apply to individuals rather than companies. I wouldn't dob in a mate. If he was a terrorist I'd........ actually I would dob him in. But in general I'm not a dobber or what we call a grass where I'm from where it applies to dobbin someone in to the cops which I wouldn't do to anyone I know.

HH.
    In general I wouldn't dob someone I know in to the cops, but couldn't say that categorically. There probably would be circumstances where I would do that, child molestation is one I can think of. I don't care who it is, that person would be "dobbed in", although I would prefer to call it reporting in that case.

I guess I would have to judge every case on its' merits.

In the case mentioned above, it is obviously not an oversight, if it was it would have have been corrected as soon as you pointed this out to them.
    I would probably report their actions, even though they "did the right thing".
    If their attitude to honesty is that cavalier, I would hate to think what their response to a warranty claim would be.

I think anyone would dob in a child molester or something of a similar nature but in general, I think most people are not dobbers.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Lets get back on the subject. This is ripping people off (it could be you). to me its misleading and deceptive.

You imput is appreciated.

Yep. They know they're ripping people off & shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Go for it Rod
    I would love to grow my own food, but I can not find bacon seeds

people are often ignorant of their own rights as consumers ...you rod are not ....if people want to go to a website and purchase something without looking into it fully .....thats their problem ...and have only "themselves" to blame ......simple as that.
    If you jump in and play "big brother" for them ( dobbing is totally against my religion)...they wont "learn" anything will they....

sometimes the hand needs to be bit ....to know you should'nt pat the dog.

Definitely. Have they changed the website? If not, call the ACCC on 1300 302 502. Misleading advertising is illegal and immoral. You wouldn't hesitate if there was only one battery instead of 2, so why is lying about the guarantee different?

Sure it's probably a hard working small business, but business owners have to be responsible for their actions.
    Cheers, Richard

"... work to a standard rather than a deadline ..." Ticky, forum member.