Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Wit of Gandhi

Default Wit of Gandhi

When Gandhi was a young student, studying law at University College, London, a Caucasian professor, called Peters, disliked him intensely and always displayed prejudice and animosity towards him. Also, because Gandhi never lowered his head when addressing him, as he expected, there were always arguments and confrontations.

One day, Professor Peters was having lunch at the dining room of the University, and Gandhi came along with his tray and sat next to him. The professor said, "Mr. Gandhi, you do not understand. A pig and a bird do not sit together to eat."

Gandhi looked at him as a parent would a rude child and calmly replied, "Do not worry professor. I'll fly away" and he moved to another table. Professor Peters, reddened with rage, decided to take revenge on the next test paper, but Gandhi responded brilliantly to all questions.

Professor Peters, unhappy and frustrated, asked him the following question. "Mr. Gandhi, if you were walking down the street and found a package, and within was a bag of wisdom and another bag full of money, which one would you take?"

Without hesitating, Gandhi responded, "The one with the money, of course."

Mr. Peters, smiling sarcastically, said, "I, in your place, would have taken wisdom, don't you think?"

Gandhi shrugged indifferently and responded, "Each one takes what he doesn't have."

Professor Peters, by this time, was beside himself with rage and so great was his anger that he wrote on Gandhi's exam sheet the word "idiot" and gave it to Gandhi.

Gandhi took the exam sheet and sat down at his desk trying very hard to remain calm while he contemplated his next move.

A few minutes later, Gandhi got up, went to the professor and said to him in a dignified but sarcastically polite tone, "Professor Peters, you signed the sheet, but you did not give me the grade."

Wit always wins over anger.
    To grow old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Ghandi is reported to have replied, when asked what he thought of British civilisation, "It would be a very good idea."
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook