Hi all.

After 5 months in the making of the worst part of my yard, it has now become the best part of my yard. The part of the yard where the pool area is was unusable. it was difficult to get down there because of the steepness of it so i decided to fix that problem and put a pool in with decking around it.

The deck area is 87m2 with the structure being steel (Bush fire specifications), the bearers being galvanised steel, the joists being pine, the deck is merbau which I pre drilled and countersunk every single hole. I used 14 gauge stainless steel countersunk screws which are 75mm long. My intention was/is that i dont want the board lifting or bending or whatever else they do. Theres around 5,500 screws so the drill copped a hiding. THank god its a good one.

Once the back fence is done (needs to be done soon as its a 5 meter drop) i'll be ready to coat the deck. After alot of reading, im going to go Floods spa & deck once i've cleaned it propely. I've spoken to Jimj and he was a great help. Thank you Jim.

I've posted pics of the deck in the making and i'll also post some once the finish has been applied.

Thanks for the great learning on this forum.

Attached Thumbnails

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...