Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Y'know,,, Dave!

Default Y'know,,, Dave!

Dave was bragging to his boss one day, "You know, I know everyone there is to know. Just name someone, anyone, and I know them."

Tired of his boasting, his boss called his bluff, "OK, Dave, how about Tom Cruise?" "No dramas boss, Tom and I are old friends, and I can prove it." So Dave and his boss fly out to Hollywood and knock on Tom Cruise's door and Tom Cruise shouts, "Dave! What's happening? Great to see you! Come on in for a beer!

Although impressed, Dave's boss is still sceptical. After they leave Cruise's house, he tells Dave that he thinks him knowing Cruise was just lucky. "No, no, just name anyone else," Dave says. "President Bush," his boss quickly retorts. "Yup," Dave says, "Old buddies, let's fly out to Washington." And off they go. At the White House, Bush spots Dave on the tour and motions him and his boss over, saying, "Dave, what a surprise, I was just on my way to a meeting, but you and your friend come on in and let's have a cup of coffee first and catch up." Well, the boss is very shaken by now but still not totally convinced.

After they leave the White House grounds he expresses his doubts to Dave, who again implores him to name anyone else. "The Pope," his boss replies." "Sure!" says Dave. "I've known the Pope for years." So off they fly to Rome. Dave and his boss are assembled with the masses at the Vatican when Dave says, "This will never work. I can't catch the Pope's eye among all these people. Tell you what, I know all the guards so let me just go upstairs and I'll come out on the balcony with the Pope." He disappears into the crowd half an hour later Dave emerges with the Pope on the balcony, but by the time Dave returns, he finds that his boss has had a heart attack and is surrounded by paramedics. Making his way to his boss' side, Dave asks him, "What happened?" His boss looks up and says that was the final straw - you and the Pope came out on the balcony and the man next to me said,

"Who the frig's that on the balcony with Dave?"

rrich Guest

Hysterical! ROTFLMAO!

SWMBO had to come in and see what I was laughing at.

Calm is offline Stubby Owner and proud of it. Now coming back to Earth.:D

Thats just part of being popular

cheers Dave

ps i thought more than allan was having a go at me for a minute "thanks pawnhead
    regards

David

"Tell him he's dreamin."
    "How's the serenity" (from "The Castle")

Quote Originally Posted by Calm View Post
    Thats just part of being popular

cheers Dave

ps i thought more than allan was having a go at me for a minute "thanks pawnhead
    Dave,

Not having a go, just bringing you into the jokes
    department ... c'mon, put a smile on your dial.

Allan

I am not at all worried about dying
    ... but just hope I am not there at the time.