Apologies if this is the wrong forum - I thought that plumbing would be the closest match.

I have a problem where my yard is retaining moisture and the back wall of my house "appears" to be suffering from moisture - back part is on a slab and the closest 4 floorboards are warping, whilst the skirting is appearing to bow slightly. The paved area immediately after the back wall seems to be mouldy nearest the neighbour's house.

The neighbour has a driveway running along the fence with no kerb and it's sloped towards my house. They have paved/concreted the rest of their backyard right up to the fence and there's no kerb. Finally, the natural slope is towards me.

My understanding was that you can't simply allow water to dump into a neighbours yard or house? The front half of my house is on foundations, so we installed underfloor ventilation fans about 3 years ago, running 4 hours a day. It's a timber/weatherboard house, about 110 years old.

So, what I was planning to do was:
1) Get someone to look at it (Q: What's the best tradesperson to do this?)
2) Write to council once someone has looked at it.

So, what's the best person to have a look at this? Do "drainage" people exist, or would a general plumber be able to do this? I would imagine that we would need to install grated drainage along the boundary or something similar, but want advice on what to do before starting the work.

More...