Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Thanks!

Default Thanks!

My passion is to create, and I have been doing this both in the creative foods I cook as a chef, to the wood products I produce with a pride that, “I did the best I can”.

On the 12th, of January I slipped off a bench in my shop and fell 28 inches, fracturing my heel. I have been laid up since and I am slowly getting back to normal.

I have never been laid up in the 60 years of my life. I felt lost and then I found the forums, I had never had the pleasure of taking the time to chat, learn, give my personal experiences or an opinion on woodworking. This opened up a whole new world to me.

I “thought” I had a good grip on woodworking skills, until I listened to some of the experiences the people on this forum have had and the unique ways they solved and over came both logistical and physical issues.

The crafts that each of you, create and show are built with pride and care in, “I did the best I can”.

I am proud to be part of this community and thank the moderators and sponsors for this site. It has filled the last 4 months with a lot of pleasure. I will continue to be part of this forum as I start to create again! ☺ ☺ ☺

Through the eyes of John!

Thanks
    Cleaning my glasses will not make me look any better,
    But will make what I am looking at better.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but glad to hear you are slowly getting back on track.

I too am grateful to all the 'experts' on this forum.

I don't have much to offer (very little actually) as the creativity side of things is certainly not in my field and I stumbled across this site when looking for renovating answers to my numerous questions last year.

I, personally felt like I was an 'intruder', purely because I don't have as much to give back to the forum members as they have given me, but I am grateful for all the help I have received.

Hang in there and continue to be on the up and up.

Glad you found us. Many drift in here and stay. Those that think they have little to offer usually find themselves quite busy once they break the ice with a few posts.

Hope the heel gets better quickly .

Yep. This is the place to be.

Good luck with the recovery mate.