Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Favourite home cooked meal?

Went on a cruise ship for 14 days and was served lots of varied types of delicious rich food. By the end of the trip, was looking forward to getting home to have a "normal" home cooked meal.

What is your favourite home cooked meal?

Octopus and leeks in white wine, tomato and star annise and herbs served with pane del cassa?

Spicey Indonesia chicken soup Soto Ayam

Whiting fillets poached in reisling with grapes and tarragon.

I did a nice chilli mud crab for valentines based on Violet Oon's lobster sauce. Yum Yum

What is normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Thumb View Post
    Octopus and leeks in white wine, tomato and star annise and herbs served with pane del cassa?

Spicey Indonesia chicken soup Soto Ayam

Whiting fillets poached in reisling with grapes and tarragon.

I did a nice chilli mud crab for valentines based on Violet Oon's lobster sauce. Yum Yum

What is normal?
    Got a Grand Pa flat????

soth

Star annise? Tarragon?

Hmm, that all sounds a bit chappish, Bleedin. Could be a code violation...

Now a nice chicken parmigiana with roast spuds and carrots is a good bloke's dish, especially when washed down with a couple of beers.

Or crumbed flatty tails on the BBQ.

My personal fave is Bouillabaisse but it takes hours to cook and costs a fortune to buy all the bits. Yes, it does sound a bit chappish. But it's really just seafood soup, so I reckon it's kosher

Lambs fry and bacon with mashed spuds etc
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Anything that dosnt have saw dust in it (thats what happens when you live in your shed )

T-Bone steak, mushroom sauce with jacket potaoes and sour cream!

Cheers,

Buzzer

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

My favourite home cooked meal is one cooked by someone else ... and being a single father, that's not too darned often.

I'm afraid that as a cook, I'm your typical Australian heretic. It's a case of 'as many fresh vegies as possible' in the mix regardless of what some chef put in the recipe it was originally based on (can't follow recipes to save meself either). I don't use processed food if I can avoid it. No, I don't make my own pasta but I do make my own bread (by hand, none of that bread maker stuff) and my tomato sauces are all cooked down by me ... which is why they have seeds and skin in them . The kids are disgustingly fit. The lad (14) plays soccer in the Junior Premier League plus indoor and outdoor soccer for the school so he eats like a small army. I'm overweight thanks more to generostiy of helpings (and too much chateau cardboard red) than anything else but still manage enough miles on the pushbike to have the lad thinking I'm insane. The lass only complains about the food because she's 6 and it's compulsory to complain about the food ... while you're scoffing it. So I guess I'm not too bad a cook ...

... BUT ...

... it is nice when someone else does all the work

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by silentC View Post
    Star annise? Tarragon?

Hmm, that all sounds a bit chappish, Bleedin. Could be a code violation...

Silent, as I consider myself a bloke, I have made a decision not to read the Code in fine detail, more a quick skim to reassure myself.

I do understand that it is a code and not a manual..... but I am a bloke and it is longer than one page and it doesn't contain pictures.

If I have in fact missed the section that outlines culinary additives or condiments that may indeed be classified as Chappish as you put it, please inform me at once.

I can assure you I will change my diet at once - would lamb chops mash spuds and green beans and tomato sauce do?

But please dont take away my Pate de foir gras.

I didn't say it was chappish, just that it sounds chappish. I haven't read it either

Got to be a slow cooked curry, doesn't matter what meat is in it but chicken, lamb and beef are the best as they eventually fall apart and melt in your mouth.

My favourite home made late night snack is tinned red salmon, has to be John West and has to be red, with all the bones an yucky bits taken out. Mash lightly with a fork and add a splash of malt vinegar and some freshly cracked blak pepper. Then add a packet of chips preferrably salt & vinegar, then to top it off add half a jar of heinz salad cream, no not mayonaise that's gay, until the mixture comes to a paste like consistency. Take bowl containing mixture and a fork and eat in front of the TV, YUM

HH.
    Always look on the bright side...

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHammer View Post
    no not mayonaise that's gay,

HH.

LOL isn't it just....except when its on beetroot sandwiches!
    Last edited by Bleedin Thumb; 16th February 2007 at 01:37 PM. Reason: spellin

Mate anyone man enough to go a beetroot sandwich can have any dressing they like as far as I'm concerned.

HH.

no not mayonaise that's gay
    No way!

There's nothing better than a ham, poached egg and mayonnaise sanger for lunch. Unless you also add avocado and swiss cheese.

OK, it's not quite as good as an egg and bacon roll with barbecue sauce after a big night.

Late night snack: big bowl of icecream with half a bottle of ice magic!

Quote Originally Posted by silentC View Post
    There's nothing better than a ham, poached egg and mayonnaise sanger for lunch. Unless you also add avocado and swiss cheese.
    See what I mean mention the m word and out come all the others you should avoid like poached, swiss and avocado.....

HH.