Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: New posts view

Default New posts view

For the briefest window this morning it looked like the New Posts view showed viewed posts in a smaller font rather than having them disappear from the list once viewed and the new posts refreshed.

Did I imagine it or is there an option to have already seen posts continue to be seen but highlighted in a different font. Actually I guess that would be an All Posts view rather than a New Posts view. Does an All Posts view exist?

Default Hey Fuzz

I'm a newbie to this forum, and I can't for the life of me work out how to post something. Can't find the sign "Post new thread".
    Anyway, as I'm looking around, I saw that you're active on line today, so maybe you can answer my question!!
    What are mungoes? Is this a slang term for dynabolts or something similara/
    Thanks Fuzzie!

Welcome on board DoctorDIY.

To start a new thread you need to go to the top level of the relevant forum (see for example the shortcuts down the left hand side of the screen or alternatively at the top of the screen click on the woodwork forums link next to the little folder icon to see all forums) and there will be a start new thread button for that forum near the top of the page.

I have no idea what a mungoe is. My google search only came up with some cute mongoose images>

Go to the heading of the section that you want to post a thread in, and up near the top right hand corner below the sign in box, click on "forum tools"and you will find a drop down menu to start a new thread.
    Hope this helps,
    Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzie View Post
    For the briefest window this morning it looked like the New Posts view showed viewed posts in a smaller font rather than having them disappear from the list once viewed and the new posts refreshed.

Did I imagine it or is there an option to have already seen posts continue to be seen but highlighted in a different font. Actually I guess that would be an All Posts view rather than a New Posts view. Does an All Posts view exist?
    Is it alright now?

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Is it alright now?
    Nothing was wrong. I was just commenting that I LIKED it when previously viewed posts didn't disappear from the New Posts view, rather they were just highlighted in a different font.

I guess what I saw was probably caused by some weird combination of cached messages crossing over into the QLD daylight saving twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzie View Post
    Nothing was wrong. I was just commenting that I LIKED it when previously viewed posts didn't disappear from the New Posts view, rather they were just highlighted in a different font.
    In that case use the "Todays Post" it's on top under the "Quick Links" on the top menu bar.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post
    In that case use the "Todays Post" it's on top under the "Quick Links" on the top menu bar.

Peter.
    Depedning on what I'm doing I usually browse on at least 2 computers during the day as I pass by or sit down for a coffee.

Although I haven't worked out exactly when the system thinks my last browse was, it does synchronize across different pcs and it is convenient that I don't have to remember what the exact last time I refreshed the new post screens was, possibly on a different pc.

A new (or latest) posts view that shows all the posts since the system thinks my last browse occurred, including the already read posts would be nice. Sometimes I refresh the new posts view and think I want to go back to reread something in a thread I had already read and it has been the devils own problem finding out what forum the message might have been. Thanks for the pointer to the today's posts link, it solves most of my problems, but I'd guess most people wouldn't be offended if new posts showed already read threads the same way.