Really hope I haven't been sounding like a know-it-all and blowing me own trumpet on these forums, I don't mean to.
As long as I've been sanding I've never really come up with a direct-to-boards staining system. Working for the boss years back we used to use dillute fiberglass paint and produce some really nice coloured lime finishes, however he always removed the product labels and kept his system secret.
In a few weeks time I have to black stain a hardwood floor for a very wealthy business man. I can't afford to f**** it up.
With true humility (grovel, grovel, suck, suck) I ask whether anybody knows of a good technique. Dusty, I've been admiring your website staining and would kill/pay to know how you do it. Generally I use 2-pack clear coats and Feast Watson's satin top coats. At the risk of giving away trade secrets maybe you could enlighten me either here or private email.
I try to avoid staining, other than tinting, and have talked my way out of DTB staining since being self employed but I can't get out of this one.
Would really appreciate any advice.

More...