Default Low Timber Deck - LEss than 250mm

Hi guys

If I intend to build a low deck which slopes from 250mm down to 160mm, what would be the most economical and if there is such a thing, the 'correct way'. Most forum topics I have seen are either on top of a concrete slap or a full on higher deck.

The deck will be 3.7m x 5.8m.

Not sure which way to go.

Thanks for the help.

Pat

Wow ... the deck questions are getting lower and lower recently. Next somone is going to ask if they can sink their deck in the ground and add a bildge pump!!

The issue you will have is the approval because they generally want 400mm from ground to the bearer, which you can't achieve. It's mainly termite and airflow related, so I guess you need to look at some of the steel solutions that are around thees days. Check the BHP website.

Concrete. 75mm slab in centre, thicken the edges to 250mm, add colour if you wish, cut big squares say 500mm the next morinig - viola!
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!

Pavers.

Hi swazee

Low decks are all the rage with landscapers. called walkways? Awonder if changing the name cots out the council regulations on decks?

Go and have a look on the backyard blitz site - they have a few with instructions - also they have instruction for one made from sleepers.

Celeste