Default How to refinish pine drawers?

Hello all,
    We have a set of hoop or northern rivers pine drawers in need of refinishing.
    They are probably 80+ years old and the original finish is RS. I am not sure what it was, but it has crazed over the years and was then covered with stickers ( remember the old water transfers?).
    The drawers are structurally sound, excepting a cupped top, and came to us via SWMBO's grandfathers estate, so we want to make something of them.
    I am thinking the way to proceed would be to scrape clean, sand and then finish with organ oil or similar. Aiming for a soft looking finish that is easy to maintain without odour to transfer to clothing etc.
    Thanks for any advice you can offer, Bill

You're on the right track. Hard Burnishing oil would be my pick. It requires a bit of elbow grease but it comes up with a lovely soft sheen.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

If you can pull it to bits then clean (with machines) each piece the better. Hard burnishing oil as suggested by Gumpy is fine.
    I have used danish oil, rubbing between coats, then buffing with Organoil wax product (can't rmember exact name now) with buffer.

If you are not going to use a machine, those little sandvik scrapers with the triangle bit are excellent. To get into corners and inaccessable place use a sharp chisel to remove old crazing finish.

Good luck, sound like a nice piece.
    conwood