Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Harrow

Wink Harrow

Hello Im Ben

I have being doing woodwork for about 5 years now, I'm currently in year 11 and am continuing woodwork until year 12 and hopefully further.

I am a very skilled woodworker and have acheived High to Highest marks from my past school project. I have made; A pencil box, dvd rack, toy car, jewllery box, small bedside table (marquetry), coffee table( marquetry).

I am parctally inlove with marquetry every time I get the chance i will want to add marquetry to it. I found it really interesting and fun.

I am looking forward to many years of woodworking. My grandfather has passed away but he has left for me all his tools and his machines. I am planning to convince my father to build/ buy us a bigger garage so I can have a proper work shop as I want to not loose my woodwork abilities.

As some of you may know in year 12 we do major projects. Well I am really swinging towards making a Pool Table (maybe with marquetry on it). But i have no clue where to start how much would cost too. Well I look forward to asking many question I have about making, and to helping other people on this site.

Ben

Well Ben welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy yourself and benefit from the wealth of experience here. Its good that your grandfathers tools have come to someone who will use and respect them. Too often these things are lost. My own greatgrandad was a carriage builder in England and left his toolkit to my father. Unfortunately when my father got back from the war that whole tool collection had gone in bits and pieces, borrowed, lost. What a treasure that would be today. Still now I have my own collection to pass on
    Michael

Wood Butcher

Welcome Ben. You'll find the folk around here real friendly

Welcome to the forum.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Welcome Ben, I am sure you will give as much answers as you do questions on this forum.