Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default JETSTAR I need Help

Booked 2 tickets to Perth and Back.Leaving late oct and back 3 weeks later.Bookings were to leave from Avalon and back to Avalon.We booked early (2 Months ago)to make sure we got what we wanted and a choice of seats etc.
    Made accomadation bookings etc.Everything was fine till the other night.Jetstar phoned to say they will be flying our flight from AVALON but the return in now going to be Tulamarine ,and lands at 12.15 AM.We live in Geelong.Over an hour away.Been checking how to get home. Well at 12.15 AM no hirecars .No shuttle service.it stops at 10 pm.Could get a melbourne taxi for$140 plus.Not to keen on a taxi. either.
    Can hire an exitive car grom Geelong for $120 but their not keen because plane may be late.All this because Jetstar tilted the table and changed airports and sofar it is $100 extra to get home.They said they are stopping all flights to and from Avalon to perth and back from November.Anyone know what is going on.
    Maybe next time they might drop me off at Adelaide an I could walk to Geelong from there in the middle of the night
    Back To Car Building & All The Sawdust.

Commisserations. You've a victim of Australia's worst airline.

Suggest you park at Tullamarine, get the shuttle to Avalon. That way you'll have your car when you return.

If this is the worst thing that happens you'll be a lucky Jetstar customer.

Have you ever heard people joke about Target being pronounced Tar-Jay for an up-market image? Well, Jetstar is just a slightly less rude way of saying "Get Stuffed". That's their whole attitude.

I fly somewhere in Australia at least once a week. I'd rather take a bus full of bogans than fly with this miserable excuse for an airline.
    ... as long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation. (A.Hitler)

I would very carefully check your tickets and accompanying details to see if Jetstar can actually change the details of your flight like that.

It may well be that you have a valid contract and if they wish to change that, they will have to compensate you for the additional costs involved in your return journey.

Peter.

Thanks Peter I will do that.

Suggest you park at Tullamarine, get the shuttle to Avalon. That way you'll have your car when you return.If I did That it would land at Avalon!

Jetstar is just Qantas with even less reliability and added arrogance.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

AUSSIE rack it up to experiance, you want the cheepest fares you get the cheepest service , I haven't used them after the sisters experiance , ticket booked by pommie brother in law, she left newcastle 20 minutes late , arrived melbourne to be diverted to gelong bussed back to melbourne ( by jetstar ) to be told she was 3 houres late for her flight to tassie and had to buy another ticket , much arguements landed in hobart over 12 hours after boarding in newcastle.
    Moral of the story don't fly Jetstar
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

What are you saying ?.
    Jetstar Air Balloons." when we take off we never quite know where we will land"??
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Suggest you park at Tullamarine, get the shuttle to Avalon. That way you'll have your car when you return.If I did That it would land at Avalon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashore View Post
    AUSSIE rack it up to experiance, you want the cheapest fares you get the cheapest service , Moral of the story don't fly Jetstar
    That maybe so,BUT We didnt use Jetstar because of price really.We live just up the road from Avalon (15 min tops) Not 1 1/2 hours away like Tullarmarine,so it was good and havent had trouble before.Avalon is geelongs airport and Jetstar was the only planes.Would you go to Sydney airport if you could catch a plane from newcastle?

Its probably because you are going to be on a Qantas code share flight for your return journey. As as been mentioned, check your ticket conditions. Changing airports might not be covered under allowable changes.

Jetstar exists as a social experiment to determine exactly how low others can lower their standards before people stop flying. The experiment apparently continues...(I have flown on most of the world's cr*p airlines, including Garuda and Aeroflot and Cubana and even America West. JQ is the among the worst.)

Reckon the best I ever flew with was Anset.

Worst G....a. Prams in passage way with babies in them during take off and landing...............

Jetstar have a long history of doing this, including dumping passengers at intermediate airports & refusing compensation - when it happened in the first week of operation there was some fuss in the media - people travelling to Sydney were dumped in Newcastle & were told that it was Sydney as far as Jetstar were concerned. Now, for some reason, the media seem to think it is normal practice to play airport roulette.

Look on the bright side - at least they told you NOW, rather than as you walked off the plane at OhDarkHundred. Unfortunately I think you will find Jetstar spent all their money on contract lawyers & its all in the invisible ink fine print that you never get to see until after you have parted with your money