Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Cuting 25mm x 50mm mosaic glass tile...anyone with a good technique?

I got some to install and pretty sure I will have to cut a few strips, I tried grinder and diamond wheel, but not great, got a 2 wheel nipper, and although seems okay to cup a single piece into two square 25mm x 25mm, cutting them into 2 rectangle of 12,5 mm x 50mm seems not to split them equally and also seems to damage back color and also glass.

I guess the best way is with a wet saw but I don't have...I just need to cut a few.

I was thinking maybe my grinder technique is not good, as I try to cut them thru all the way, may be I should mark them with the grinder and then try to snap in two. Anyway thanks for sharing your technique.

cal

If only a few, you could contact a local glazier and see what they would charge to do the cuts once you marked them.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    If only a few, you could contact a local glazier and see what they would charge to do the cuts once you marked them.
    Unfortunately it is better to do them onsite cause it'd be too confusing. ZBut thanks for the suggestion.

Cal

I cut mine with my regular tile cutter. Just the same as sheet glass , score once and snap.