Wink Aaadd - An Oldie But A Goodie

AAADD - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder
    This is how it manifests. I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the front verandah table that I brought up from the letter box earlier, just after the mailman had been. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I put my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage bin beside the table, and notice that the bin is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the post box when I take out the garbage (and the mailman picks up the mail at noon), I may as well pay the bills first.

So, I take my cheque book off the table, and see that there is only 1 cheque left. My spare cheque book is in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke I'd been drinking earlier this morning.

I know I'm going to look for my cheque book, but first I need to push the Coke can aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. The Coke is warm, so I decide to put it in the refrigerator to make it cold again. As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the dining room table catches my eye -- they need water.

I put the Coke on the dining room table and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to put more water in the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the table, go to the kitchen sink to get a jug and fill it with water and suddenly spot the TV remote on the window sill. Someone left it there.

I realise that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the window sill, so I decide to put it back in the lounge room where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers. I pour some water in the jug, but spill some on the floor.

So, I set the remote back on the kitchen bench, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:
    1. the car isn't washed
    2. the cheques aren't written for the bills to be paid
    3. there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the dining room table
    4. the flowers don't have enough water
    5. there is still only 1 cheque in my cheque book
    6. I can't find the remote
    7. I can't find my glasses
    8. the garbage hasn't been taken out
    9. and I don't remember what I did with the car keys
    Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day, and I'm really tired now. I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Maybe someone should make a woodies version of this.

Meggles,

As a younger person I am sure that you do not have the requisite experience to fully appreciate the magnitude of this disability. I was diagnosed with this disease nearly 2 years ago only when a friend was kind enough to point out that I had all the characteristic symptoms As a service to all the other "not so young" people involved with the forums I think that you should have posted this in Health Issues! I don't consider it a joke!
    Geoff
    "You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash

Calm is offline Stubby Owner and proud of it. Now coming back to Earth.:D

Default - the answer!!

This may be the true explanation for John, Barry and Allan failing to make an entry in this section for the prolonged period that expressed concern about.

Come to think about it the weekend just gone was a bit like that.
    regards

David

"Tell him he's dreamin."
    "How's the serenity" (from "The Castle")

sounds like my day everyday
    astrid