Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wooden Balls, erm, Spheres?

there have been some double sided jokes over to "wanted" thread, so I thought I'd show how innocent my intentions were/are; here's what I use wooden spheres for:

http://www.yuliacrystal.com/BeadBalls.jpg

and yes, they are almost completely useless; I make them for fun, and they mostly sit in bowls being pretty

=)

-------------
    www.ulj.com.au

Nice work Yulia
    Like your website.
    I wonder how many red faces are there in the wanted thread
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

G'Day Yulia,
    Have you thought of using styrene ball's they are available from most craft shops and would be cheaper, they also come in various sizes too.

As for the double sided meaning, yes, you are right, we are just a bunch of naughty boy's and girl's here, you know, like at school someone would say the word " :eek: f a r t :eek: " and the whole room would erupt in laughter . In every school and in every class had one and this is where we all ended up!....Ha!...Ha!.. .
    You will get used to it, and you will cack yourself laughing. ..
    savage(Eric)
    savage(Eric)

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Some one has patience to do all that work.
    Ooh my eyes would fall out.

Nice. Have a greenie.

thanks, Bob! =)

Eric, if you mean those white poly balls, I can't use them for beadwork - they're not sturdy enough

actually, wait, I did use one of those once, here - http://www.yuliacrystal.com/SBall.jpg; but those are sequins, not beads, and they are stuck in with wire

the BeadBalls in the picture are beaded using fishing line, the tension is high, so wood is the only answer

thanks anyway!

ha! imagine a painting out of beads =)

my last one took me a year and a half to finish

how 'bout that? =)

(to David)

I just thought they where glued on, my S.I.Law made some xmas deco's for us one year and she bought the beads ready to go (by the metre) from a craft shop and hot glued or PVA'ed them on to the styrene balls, we use them every year on the tree.
    savage(Eric)
    savage(Eric)

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

oh, nah, they are woven around

but I have seen some nice glued on ornaments as well

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Rugby players have leather balls
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Yulia, do you have a price list, I think some of those would go down well with my granddaughter for Xmas.

Have a look at www.yuliacrystal.com

You will see some beautiful work, and just by the way a beautiful lady too.

Yup!...Have too agree on both points there Temite!... Pretty girls always make me blush!....
    savage(Eric)
    savage(Eric)

Termite, do you mean prices for the BeadBalls? quite frankly, I haven't tried to sell them, so there's no price list as of yet.

and they are quite useless, their only quality is that they're pretty =) oh and unique, of course =) I don't think anyone else on the planet is making such weird things

are you seriously going to buy some? erm, come to think of it, they might probably make quite an unusual Christmas present; good idea, by the way =)

um, the smallest ones I've made are about 2cm and, if I was selling them, they would be $8 each; the middle size ones (they're all pretty random, as I use what I can buy here and there) are 3 - 3.5 cm, and they would be $14 each; the biggest ones are about 4 - 4.5cm, and they would be $21.

now, just to make sure: they are wooden balls beaded around with glass seed beads, the beads are woven with fishing line, so the spheres are quite sturdy, but if you dropped one on a stone floor, some glass beads might break. oh, and they have no holes. so all you can do with them really, is to put in a pretty bowl and place it where sunlight is - they sparkle like mad

oh, and they're all different and very random; I've made about a hundred during last five years, it takes 3 to 5 hours to make one, so I often end up spending a week on one, that's why they're never the same

if after all this, you still want some, I could photograph different colours separately for you to see and pick, just let me know

(sorry for being so long winged, it's almost 2 am, it's been a long and chaotic day, so I'm, erm, slow =) )

wait, I AM slow, I have in fact found a use for some of them, and even created a page for what I had back then, couple of years ago, I think, - key rings! or, those can be put on a zipper pull on a bag or backpack, or purse, what have you

they're here: http://www.yuliacrystal.com/BBaccents.html

but mind you, I have almost none of it left now, given away to friends and family, they make cute "thank you" gifts for little things

but I could make up something for you, if you wanted, you could pick colours etc.

have a think and let me know, okay? =)