Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Backorders...

Default Backorders...

Most companies I have dealt with on the net often have to place part of the order on back order.

This usually means the item is not charged until shipped and free freight.

One company has placed items on back order and still charged credit card for it.

I suppose this is OK if the items ever turn up, but they placed an item on backorder last year which still has not arrived, and when given a second chance, have charged again for a backorder which still has not turned up 6 weeks later.........

Not happy Jan.

Anyone else experienced this?

Yes, but the company (now closed down) asked before charging me. However, after 5-6 months of chasing them for any info on my backorder, I pulled the plug and asked for a full refund. I ended up getting my 'order' from overseas for heaps cheaper than I could have gotten the same here.

Cruzi, are you able to talk to the people and get something sorted to your satisfaction?

cheers
    Wendy

Edit: the company I am talking about is very likely NOT the same company as Cruzi's. The point of my message: Talk to the company in question. tackle them head on and get it sorted to your satisfaction.

This company did not ask before charging. I can and will be talking to them.

I can accept mistakes, everyone is human, but to have it happen twice

Edit: Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Since the company was a forum sponsor the chance to redeem themselves was given

Yes, I agree Cruzi. Simple courtesy expected would have been that they asked, especially for a back order. I also appreciate you giving them a chance to redeem themselves.

Good luck!

Ok I have a question:

My posts have been edited, the part that was edited was deliberately non-specific so as to not malign anyone but did give the reason why they were give a 2nd chance.

If fear of litigation is motivation, I can name the company and present documented evidence to defend my case, and will do so, including actively seeking renumeration for all costs incurred.

All I was seeking to find out was if this was a pattern or it only happened to me.

I've never had a company bill me for something on backorder - the billing usually appears just before the goods. The only exception is when you pay up front for something they need to order in and won't do unless you pay - and then its all out in the open.

I would be contacting them very quickly if it happened to me.

Cheers,
    Adam

Is the moderator who edited my posts going to come forward?

It seems that first item was a packaging mistake, their records showed it as being shipped. They are going to ship it out today.

The other items were charged because they need to pay external suppliers for them in advance, although I suggested that being asked would be a good idea in future. The delivery date is still unknown.

The company has a good rep.

They were helpful and friendly, but as to if I will deal with them again is still up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzi View Post
    ........The other items were charged because they need to pay external suppliers for them in advance ........
    I must be terribly confused. I was under the impression that retailers are justified for putting on their large markups to compensate them for the cost of storage on shelves, staff to demonstrate products and help you make a decision plus provide a convenient means for you to shop (shop front and/or internet shopping).

If hopeless greedy whinging retailers are merely taking orders and your money so they can order the goods from the warehouse, then why are they in the loop at all - why wouldn't I deal directly with the manufacturer and get my goods cheaper?

I suggest that some retailers want it all their own way by taking no risks, by making no investments in stock but still wanting their cut at our expense.

Run the @#$%^s out of town, send them broke - they are just scum feeding off the consumers.

I am not talking about the good ones who occasionally run out of stock.
    - Wood Borer

One of the worst offenders in relation to Backorders in my experience was Timbecon. However, the new management seem to have got that straightened out. Congrats.
    Cheers

Jeremy
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly

Timbercon could take some time with backorders but they never charged until they shipped.