Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default hello from grandad

well gooday every one from first time user, i hope every body is keeping ok i am a pretty raw novice but will not be afraid to ask what may appear to be some ord questions but you guys are the experts and so this is why i joined to ask and learn. i am self employed in the pet industry, we manufacture about 600 products and some of these are timber based , hence the need to learn as much as i can and also i love working with wood and i want to become as good as my ability will allow me and more importantly do it the safe way. i have a jet 15" planer (cabinet) a xtra long bed jet 6" planer jointer, a14" jet bandsaw, a triton sawbench but as soon as i win lotto out she goes, and a good tablesaw in her place, a long bed sanding bench Jet brand, compressor, bradgun and staple gun ( bunnings) etc. and a router table etc so now i have to learn but i am getting there, i was told by one of my customers that the jet brand were pretty good for what i want to achieve and so far have been very happy. but if anyone has some advice on a good reasonably priced tablesaw i will take it, cheers peter

Hi Peter...welcome.

Good list of tools to start with

Enjoy the forums.
    Cheers,
    Ed

Do something that is stupid and fun today, then run like hell !!!

hello ed, i am not sure of the site yet so i apologise for not getting back to you earlier, i only just came back on net , i thought i had replied in another area ??? then came across where i am now . so you might get two messages. cheers and thanks for the welcome. peter

Thumbs up

G´day Peter and welcome to our sanctuary.

Often drive past Condong. Now I have some to annoy if I decide to grace the burg with my pesence.

Hello Peter and welcome to the forum.

hello woodjunky, many thanks for the welcome appreciated, catch you all later as hitting the sack cheers peter

Hi Peter welcome to the forum plenty of people here to help with most of your questions. Cheers Tony.

Welcome aboard, Peter.

Some of us visit at odd times of day, depending upon where on Earth we are. Answers may appear one, two, or many days later. So don't hesitate to ask questions. And remember, there are no stupid questions, because we have plenty of stupid answers.

Joe
    Of course truth is stranger than fiction.
    Fiction has to make sense. - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by checkerflight View Post
    hello ed, i am not sure of the site yet so i apologise for not getting back to you earlier, i only just came back on net , i thought i had replied in another area ??? then came across where i am now . so you might get two messages. cheers and thanks for the welcome. peter
    Like Joe G. said in his reply, there are forumites here from all parts of the globe, so apologies are not necessary

enjoy the forums
    Cheers,
    Ed

Do something that is stupid and fun today, then run like hell !!!

hi tony thanks for the welcome, and yep i will need some help well lots actually cheers peter

hello joe thanks mate for the welcome. appreciated cheers peter