Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default 10 Year Guaranttee - Honoured

Back in 1993 I bought a garden hose with a 10 year guaranttee. I decided to keep the sales docket and cardboard cover on the hose that had the guaranttee guff on it to see if it will be honoured. In 2000 (7 years service) the hose sprung a leak, so with the docket etc I took it back to the place of purchase and with really no fuss (but I think they where a bit shocked) got it replaced with another hose with the same guaranttee period. Well this weekend just gone this hose sprung a leak (6 years service), so took it back and again apart from the shock, a no fuss replacement.

What brand and where did you buy it????

I paid $1000 for a Kodak camera that gave up the ghost with a design defect. Best Kodak would offer is $150 off on a $560 replacement. The will not fix my camera and will not accept the fact that this model is well known to die from the same failure. Was out of warranty but I found out about the problem soon after I bought it. Just hoped it wouldn't die but it did. So I join a long list of similar ripped off Kodak owners.

http://www.digitalcamera-hq.com/koda...3-reviews.html

My advice, steer clear of Kodak.

I bought a Peerless stick welder in 1989. It had a ten year warranty.
    The thing carked it in 1999 and was out of warranty. My apprentice at the time, called them, and they told him to freight it down to Melbourne so they could take a look at it. Apprentice didn't tell me because I had just bored it up him the day before for burning out a small drill screwing off a metal roof.

The first thing I new of the whole thing was whn they freighted it to my door, a week later. They couldn't fix it, so replaced the copper coils with a larger unit as the smaller unit was no longer in production. I will always buy Peerless over other Australian gear. My 15cfm Peerless compressor is still going strong after 17 years.

Quote Originally Posted by rod1949
    Back in 1993 I bought a garden hose with a 10 year guaranttee. I decided to keep the sales docket and cardboard cover on the hose that had the guaranttee guff on it to see if it will be honoured. In 2000 (7 years service) the hose sprung a leak, so with the docket etc I took it back to the place of purchase and with really no fuss (but I think they where a bit shocked) got it replaced with another hose with the same guaranttee period. Well this weekend just gone this hose sprung a leak (6 years service), so took it back and again apart from the shock, a no fuss replacement.
    I don't know which is harder to believe... that they replaced it without an argument (twice! :eek: ) or that you managed to keep the docket AND cardboard cover intact for so long!

I've tried doing the same thing, but after a couple of years I tend to send the older receipts (and other asstd. space dox) to the bunsen filing cabinet. Not a good thing when you discover your accountant is being investigated and the suits in the tax dept want to audit all his clients... :mad:
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Quote Originally Posted by bennylaird
    What brand and where did you buy it????

I paid $1000 for a Kodak camera that gave up the ghost with a design defect. Best Kodak would offer is $150 off on a $560 replacement. The will not fix my camera and will not accept the fact that this model is well known to die from the same failure. Was out of warranty but I found out about the problem soon after I bought it. Just hoped it wouldn't die but it did. So I join a long list of similar ripped off Kodak owners.

http://www.digitalcamera-hq.com/koda...3-reviews.html

My advice, steer clear of Kodak.
    Benny, why not email the link to Kodak and ask them why they want to earn a bad name.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

When I was 19 I bought some Sidchrome sockets and a ratchet driver. 36 years later the ratchet mechanism had stripped. I was in a local auto parts place and, seeing Sidchrome socket sets on display, asked if replacement parts were available for my driver.
    Without a word the assistant went to the back shelves and came back with the parts package
    "How much?"
    "Nothing. It's a lifetime warranty."
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna
    Benny, why not email the link to Kodak and ask them why they want to earn a bad name.
    I did and they just stuck by their original offer for a discounted replacement. This means I will have to spent about $300 all up to get a camera valued at about $500 to replace one I paid $1000 for.

If I had dropped it of something then not a problem but for a design defect like this I would have assumed they would stick by their product but this is not the case.

Talking to camera dealers they seem to prefer not to stock many Kodak models due to their experience with similar problems. Most did not recomemend a Kodak.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizened of Oz
    When I was 19 I bought some Sidchrome sockets and a ratchet driver. 36 years later ..... It's a lifetime warranty."
    Well, Wizened, it looks like you beat me (but not by much!)

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...ad.php?t=12130

Qw
    All short sentences in economics are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizened of Oz
    When I was 19 I bought some Sidchrome sockets and a ratchet driver. 36 years later the ratchet mechanism had stripped. I was in a local auto parts place and, seeing Sidchrome socket sets on display, asked if replacement parts were available for my driver.
    Without a word the assistant went to the back shelves and came back with the parts package
    "How much?"
    "Nothing. It's a lifetime warranty."
    Ditto with Sidchrome. Bought the set in 1971, the ratchet buggered up (I'd hammered it a bit) in the the late 90's and was replaced with any problems.