Default Ahoy I Want My Boat Back!!

A canals enthusiast from Wolverhampton got so fed-up of waiting for his dream narrowboat to be completed that he rented a crane and went to pick it up himself. Roger Burrows, from Lower Penn, dreamed of selling up his Wolverhampton business and taking to a life on the water when he stopped work.

Since turning 60 almost two years ago, he has forked out £86,000 for the customised floating home as a retirement gift to himself. But, after waiting since 2005 for it to be delivered, he decided that enough was enough and took a crane to a Midland boatyard and picked it up himself. The unfinished vessel is now sitting at his business yard in Landport Road, Monmore Green, Wolverhampton.

The 61-year-old, who runs Burrow Home Comforts, said living on a narrowboat was his “dream retirement”. He added: “I have a busy life at the moment and I wanted to just go and live on the narrowboat and sail around the country having a more relaxing life. I will definitely be finished in the next six months, and this has not ruined my dream.” The boat was initially being built from Measham Boats in Derbyshire, which then went into liquidation. Tony Gallimore Boats, also based in Derbyshire, then took over the company and agreed to honour the order.

?
    Terry B
    Armidale

The most ineffective workers will be systematically moved to the place where they can do the least damage - management.
    --The Dilbert Principle