Top 15 Best Lies to Tell on Your Resume

Great attention to detlais.

I was the webmaster for the National Security Administration intranet. (I can't show you my work - it's classified.)

Patented Inventions: Three (the nature of which cannot be disclosed due to the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended).

Programming Languages: Clock, VCR, VCR+.

Speak COBOL, lived there for years.

"I'm a real team player" or "I enjoy working with others." Leave out, "but only if I'm team captain" and "despite their obvious inferiority."

I tell people I was in prison to avoid admitting some of the places I used to work.

Your CPA test results. Nobody but you really knows what the score was since all the board ever publishes is who passes.

10 years experience with Java.

I once said I used to work for Lucille Ball.

I worked for three companies that no longer exist. As I recall, I was on the really fast track.

"I want to work in a team-building environment that will allow me expand on the skills I have learned, while providing the best service for employer, customers, and my team."

My body converts toxic waste into penicillin, and I invented wool.

"Dealt with U.S. tax and tariff laws in importation process"...we "dealt " with them by sticking our product in a giant duffel bag and not telling customs.

I like my current job. I am leaving to get new challenges.