Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Tel$tra Warning - Interent on the mobile = OUCH!

I recently upgraded the mobile to one of those flashy Treo 650's. Nice phone with all the bells and whistles but more importantly, it has the calendar, diary, task list etc i need for work.

It also gets my emails if i want them and has an internet browser as well.

Well, keen to have a play, I downloaded a program direct to the phone from the internet (to allow me to play mp3's as my ringtone).

The cost of that little session (19 minutes according to Tel$tra) was $41.60 !!!!

never again.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Yeah when I got my new phone, the guy warned me not to use the Internet connectivity stuff until I rang and determined what plan to be on. Apparently by default it's on a casual user plan, which costs an arm and a leg for downloads. There are other plans but frankly I wont be bothering. I get enough exposure to the Internet and email sitting in front of this thing all day, without wanting to carry it around in my pocket...

Well thats why their so keen on everyone going to the new G3. So the can rip more money out of everyone.

it's absolute BS when you consider I get 10Gig per month for $53 on cable internet!!

If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

If parents thought they were getting high phone bills before wait until all the kids start getting the new phones.

And to top it off its god damned slow

ss_11000 is offline You've got to risk it to get the biscuit

thats why i dont have one of them fones. it would be so tempting to use it during boring classes.
    S T I R L O

Yeah, that's rough gumby, but what about this one, I emailed 9 380kB files from my phone to my home computer and it cost $78 !!

Won't do that again

Cheers
    Michael

Telstra are the bggest rip off criminals n australia. They have a wonderful scam going where they give u an incredbily ????? service for huge amounts of cash then never hel u out when you need it. You always end up talking to a machine on the other end of the phone when you need asistance and its useless getting anywhere with them. I have vowed not to have anything to do with the greedy mongrels unless I need to sort something with my phoneline. They have screwed me over one too many times and they arent getting my business until they improve theirs.

Have you blokes received some advertizing from Telstra, demanding you write to your Federal Member to let them rip more money off people by establishing some sort of Broadband rip-off. I notice that it never actually says what they are trying to do, just bleats about how unfair it is that there are regulations preventing them making more money.

I feel that I should write to my Federal Polly, and the ACCC, and tell them to stop Telstra, and maybe break up an excessive monopoly as it is no longer a public asset.

Telstra can turn the internet function off on your phone.

After a fairly hefty slug after playing with my new phone I wanted to make sure that I couldn't do it again accidentally.

The other thing that annoys me is that they don't put a standard ring tone on the phone. I don't want an orchestra starting when someone rings me.