Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default filling holes in plaster wall

I have to fill some screw holes in a wall constructed from plaster sheets. I'm just not sure what I need to use. I know someone else not long ago was using something he called "spac filler" to fill holes in a plaster wall. Whatever he used it did a great job. Can anyone tell me what "spac filler" is? Maybe its not a product name but a slang term for a general type of product? Anyway, I would appreciate suggestions on any product I could use for this purpose. My only preferences are that it is ready to go straight out of the packet (no mixing) & that I can get it in a small quantity.

Thanks for any help!

Hi Mindabout, I'm not a great fan of "spac filler" or those types of products. However if its only a small amount of screw holes to fill it will do the job ok.

Just go to any paint shop and ask for spac filler, they will know what you mean.

Just don't put it on in one application, some of those product shrink a bit when dry, hence the need to over fill and then sand back. If you just wipe on and wipe off not trying to fully fill the screw hole, then when dry repeat the process, you will get a much better finish with far less sanding.

Cheers Rod
    Great plastering tips at
    www.how2plaster.com

Bunnings will stock pallets of it. It comes in a little tub, with an applicator. Simply apply it with the applicator at about 45 degrees from the wall, making sure you overfill the hole. Then, with the applicator perpendicular to the wall, scrape of the excess. If it is onyl screw holes, it will work fine.

Trav
    Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen

Thanks for the replies. I used spac filler & it did the job well. It was really easy to use & once I painted over it I couldn't see where the holes had been!